Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prayer - Take My Life and Let it Be

Heavenly Father,

A child of your flock, Frances R. Havergal, wrote these words more than 100 years ago:

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for thee.

We praise you Lord for the many talents you give your children and for the confidence to use those talents to worship you. You alone are worthy of our praise, great God and Creator of us all.

Let us take the words of the hymn writer as our own, consecrating our lives to you. Help us to praise continually. Show us where and who to serve.

Amen.

© Ann Trimble-Ray 2010 (exluding hymn lyrics)

No comments:

Post a Comment